Brandywine pursues one investment approach: value investing. Through practical experience, Brandywine has determined that value-style investing — whether in equity or fixed income markets, in the US or internationally — can provide excellent risk-adjusted returns over full investment cycles, and it is a particularly important strategy in today's global markets.
Brandywine believes it can seize opportunities and aim for long-term returns through strict adherence to its value-driven process by concentrating portfolio assets in countries and currencies that meet its definition of value. Brandywine will avoid constructing portfolios that mirror the benchmark on the basis that a country weighting in a benchmark is not reflective of the value of the underlying fixed income market.
As a result, when looking at fixed income markets, Brandywine will focus on:
- Investing in bonds with the highest real yields
- Manages currency to increase returns
- Rotating among countries to find the best value in fixed income markets around the globe
- Controlling risk through the purchase of undervalued securities.
Brandywine has broad-based experience in global equities, which has been gained by managing global value equity strategies for over ten years. A team approach is the hallmark of Brandywine’s consistent performance in this asset class. Through Brandywine’s global research platform, stocks are viewed at a global level so that comparisons can be made with similar companies in the same industry or sector to determine their attractiveness — giving the investment team a truly global perspective.
Brandywine's global equity approach benefits from the following key attributes:
- Experienced and stable investment team structured to provide a global research perspective
- Active, bottom-up approach to stock selection
- Country allocation is the result of stock selection.
Funds managed by Brandywine Global